Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Style of Interview and how you should prepare


I was called in for an interview about a month ago; it was a surprise because I stopped submitting my CV and decided to concentrate on my start-up.
Well I went for the interview and did not think much of the process since I was not hedging my future on the particular position.
Well on Monday they called me (to my surprise) and asked me to attend a session for psychometric and aptitude test.
I went for the testing today and it was very easy but that is because I was well prepared for it. While working as a fund manager, I used to recruit many financial advisors and part of the interview process was psychometric and aptitude testing. My objective in providing these tests to the potential employees was to see how they reason and if their persona fits well with the position.

Many people do not know what to expect during such testing. Below is a link to a few tests that you can download (for free). These are good examples of what to expect during such testing.
It is important for you to understand yourself and how you would react in given situations, it is also important for you to keep your brain sharp with crossword puzzles, reading, scrabble, jigsaw puzzles, simple arithmetic etc. These are some of the things that psychometric and aptitude test measure.
http://www.psychometric-success.com/

all the best; I would like your feedback on such testing if you have ever administered or gone through one.

No comments:

Post a Comment