Monday, May 9, 2011

Missed Mother's Day


I didnt call my mother yesterday to wish her a happy mother's day.
I could have but I couldnt get myself to.
My mother is a great lady; everloving, everpeaceful, caring, and all the other great qualities that a mother should have. That makes it very hard for me to talk to her at this point of my life. I am not where I should be (my definition and her's as well), as far as life progression. I have taken quite a few steps back and stagnated. Though I do not have to do well (society's definition) in order for my mother to love me, I personally feel ashamed talking or seeing her---knowing that she sees great potential in me and yet am not living up to those expectations.
She has made many sacrifices for me; she has been there to encourage me and help me grow up and I know she will always love me.
There is abit of self-pity in this post, but that is how I feel right now and so I state it.
I love my mom very much and I do not need to call her on the "one" day that is set apart for mothers to show her my love and appreciation, however there is a guilty feeling for not calling her.
It is my hope that my lifestyle will improve to the point where I can see pride in my mother's eyes, as for now I continue to strive knowing that she loves me no matter what, yet I must make right for all the sacrifices that she has taken for me.

I love you Mom and Happy Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment