Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Priorities and Popularity


As I listened to the news over the weekend and Monday; I could not help but ask myself if our leaders (specifically our Prime Minister) is more interested in being popular or dealing with issues that are of more importance to the Nation.

Our Prime Minister is a football fan (which is a good thing).
But when he has to hold a press conference to inform the nation how he tried to intervene on behalf of McDonald Mariga to play in the English Premier it concerns me.

McDonald Mariga is a good football player. He is earning big bucks whether he is playing for Palma, Man City or Inter Milan.

There are Kenyans who can barely afford one meal a day. How come the Prime Minister is not intervening for these people?

It really disgusts me when our leaders are more concerned about their popularity than issues that should be priorities for our nation.

"I spent a minimum of three hours on phone talking to Gordon Brown's office, the Africa Office, office of Culture and Sports, the Home office, the FA president Lord Treisman and to Mariga himself."

3hrs? Is this guy serious? Has he spent 3hrs trying to solve the internal football federation infighting?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/8493889.stm

**Now here is a disclaimer before I get accused of being tribal or partisan. I would comment about our president but doesnt seem to be passionate or outspoken about anything.**

No comments:

Post a Comment