Thursday, February 4, 2010

Real Leaders Go First


I was reading through Micheal Hyatt's blog:
http://michaelhyatt.com/2010/02/real-leaders-go-first.html
about real leaders.
His message is: "Real leaders go first. They never ask others to do what they have not done or are unwilling to do themselves. They lead by example. Like the Apostle Paul, they are willing to say, “Follow me, as I follow Christ” (1 Corinthians 11:1)."

He questioned his readers:
What about you? Are you leading by example. Where do you need to step up and go first?

I have been privileged with a few leadership positions in my life and looking back, I think I led by example but did not do enough to involve others.
I have the tendency to be self-reliant which is not a good quality of a leader. A good leader knows how to take the lead and also delegate responsibilities.

Are you a leader?

If so, what type of a leader are you?

Self analysis: If you had the option would you like to work under or be led by a leader of your qualities?

No comments:

Post a Comment