Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moving Forward


"Be not afraid of going slowly; be only afraid of standing still." Chinese Proverb.

According to research, 67% of people set goals for themselves. Of those 67%, only 10 have made realistic plans to reach their goals; And out of those 10, only 2 follow through and actually make them happen.
I can totally relate to those statistics; I can not count the number of times that I have set goals for myself only not to follow up on them or even initiate the process of achieving those goals.

There are a couple of reasons for failure:
1. Never getting started
2. Not setting SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely)
3. Not implementing your goals
4. Fear of failure

They say that the greatest ideas are foind in the grave yard and I believe it!
Many people fear failure so they do not get to the implementation stage.
Teddy Roosevelt once said "the only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Unless you want your epitaph to read "Here lies a man/woman with great ideas." then I urge you not to stand still and keep on trying, moving towards the great potential that you know you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment