Sunday, February 8, 2009

Short term break

I decided to take a little break last week...I went to Ocha
My purpose for the trip was to survey the area and see what potential lies there.
I walked for miles and miles and talked to quite a few people.
I was shocked by the multiplicity that exists in the rural area. Everyone in my Ocha is a tea, coffee and maize farmer; most of them have at least one cow and maybe a goat.

Many of the people did not have a reason for doing the same thing that their father and grandfather did. The coffee and tea plants were planted before their maturity age so they are just continuing with the activities that they found there.
I have a problem with this type of living.
There are cash crops that are doing well these days that can grow in my Ocha.
Cabbage
Aloe Vera
Fish (tilapia)
Millet
Sweet potatoes and Arrow roots

I am thinking of venturing into fish farming; however that is not a shortterm goal for me so I will have to do the research and do it when I am ready.

I am back now and ready to go.
Have a wonderful week

No comments:

Post a Comment